Developed to give you a reliable power during emergencies and power outages, comes the Briggs & Stratton Q6500 inverter generator review. Compared to standard generators, it’s more than 60% quieter, 45% more compact, and 30% lighter. Full of cutting-edge features that allow it to be one of the best inverter generators in the market. A cost-effective and reliable power source for home appliances and electronics during emergencies. A portable generator that is designed primarily for home backup power use. And, with it’s incorporated inverter technology you can safely plug in your sensitive home appliances.
Briggs & Stratton has more than 100 years of power expertise. Providing durable power equipment with a performance you can trust and a worldwide support that you can depend on.
- The Briggs & Stratton Q6500 inverter generator carries 6500W starting power and 5000W continuous power.
- A highly efficient 306 cc. air cooled OHV 4-cycle engine.
- Has a large gas tank of 5 gallons that provides 14 hours of run time at quarter load.
- Equipped with a fuel gauge and power usage meter that makes it easy to monitor the available power on the machine.
- An all-steel frame protective enclosure provides protection for the internal components as well as keep the noise level at minimal.
- 23 feet away and its sound level is at 66 decibels at 25% load.
- Designed to give you reliable confidence during power outages, supplies consistent power for vital home appliances, including delicate electronics.
- The incorporated inverter technology on this machine provides pure sine wave power with 3-6% THD, allowing you to use it with delicate electronic devices such as computers and TVs.
- Weighs 128 pounds with a compact design, that is 30% lighter compared to other open steel frame generators.
- A suitcase-style telescoping handle and an 8 inch never flat wheels make it easy to move and store.
- Fuel efficient, an auto idle control system that automatically adjusts the engine speed based on the required load. Saving fuel as well as reducing the noise level during operation.
- Featuring an automatic voltage regulator and a low oil shutdown with LED indicators for added safety & extended engine life.
- The Q6500 allows you to power a wide variety of appliances simultaneously.
- Overload protected with circuit breaker protection that keeps your connected appliances protected while also preventing any damage to your generator.
- Has two USB ports, four 120V,20A outlets, and a 240V/120V,30A locking outlet that can be connected to a transfer switch into your home’s electrical system.
- Backed by 2 year limited residential warranty.
Wattage: 6500 watts starting – 5000 watts running
Fuel type: Gasoline
Fuel tank capacity: 5 gallon
Run-time: 14 hr. @ 25% load
Noise-level: 66 dB. @ 25% load
Weight: 128 pounds
Dimensions: 25 x 21 x 21 inches
Starting method: Manual recoil start
Engine: 4-cycle OHV engine
Engine displacement: 306 cc.
Material: Plastic, all-steel frame enclosure
Outlets: (4) 120V,20A AC – (2) USB – (1) 120/240V,30A DC
Warranty: 2 years limited warranty
Certificates: EPA approved
- Not CARB compliant.
- Not parallel capable.
- With such a big engine, it does not have an electric start.
- Poor plastic cover and components for its size.
- For a 240 volts RV outlet, this generator produces only 4,800 watts.
Briggs & Stratton Q6500 Review – Conclusion
To sum it up, the Q6500 from Briggs & Stratton is designed primarily for home backup power needs. It utilizes a transfer switch connected to the twist lock outlet. When connected in this manner, the full capacity of 5000W is available. However, when using an RV adapter in the twist lock, 120V is available through that outlet while the remaining 120V is available through the duplex outlets. Furthermore, being able to access all of its power entirely depends on what you’re trying to run. If the RV is wired for 240V then using a 240 twist lock plug will deliver full power. It should easily run a 15,000 BTU air conditioner. It might not be as quiet as advertised but it’s relatively acceptable due to the huge power this machine is carrying. Also, weighing 128 pounds is not very light but the equipped heavy-duty wheels allow for easy transportation.
Overall, it’s an affordable powerful machine designed primarily for home backup use, not to remind you that you should only run your generator outdoor. This machine has an incorporated inverter technology you can power your sensitive equipment safely. In addition, a two year limited warranty which shows the trust the manufacturer has for their product. The Briggs & Stratton Q6500 inverter generator review provides the pros and cons of this new edition of portable power sources from Briggs & Stratton.