Last updated on June 15th, 2019 at 08:38 am
Westinghouse latest line of portable generators, the WGen Series. A line of durable generators that are great for household projects, as well as emergency backup, tailgating, camping, and more. Launched in this new line the WGen7500 gas powered portable generator. It’s a powerful, durable, easy to use portable power source. And it’s expected to surpass the quality of the very popular previous model, the WH7500E. The Westinghouse WGen7500 portable generator review will discuss all aspects of this great new model, that qualifies it to be on the head of the top rated generators in the market.
For more than a 100 years, Westinghouse has supplied the world with dependable, efficient power generators. Producing smart appliances, and transforming technological inventions; providing years of value. They have been known for their generators that offer a variety of premium, innovative features for home use as well as industrial use. Early in 2017, Westinghouse moved their warranty, technical and service support in-house; due to an overabundance of complaints from customers about the company that was previously handling these aspects. Current customers have reported being significantly more satisfied with the new customer services. With a network of over 1,500 service locations nationwide, ensuring a good quality of service.
- The WGen7500 gas-powered generator has 9000W starting and 7500W continuous power.
- The generator is protected with a durable steel frame with roll bars on top.
- The cast iron sleeve adds protection to the unit and its gas tank, as well as give access to easier portability.
- Starting this machine is simple with a push of a single electric button or a remote while also having the regular recoil start.
- It also features yellow-colored marks that easily guide anyone through the starting process of the generator.
- Has a large gas tank of 6.6 gallons.
- The tank is equipped with a fuel gauge for easy control of the fuel level.
- Such a large fuel tank allows it to run for over 10 hours at 50% load.
- Has a 4-stroke over-head-value OHV durable engine produces enough power to keep all your appliances running.
- Furthermore, it’s fuel efficient and has the ability to start up at very low temperatures.
- The supported quiet mufflers on the generator allow it to operate at 64 decibels of noise.
- Another feature is the built-in low oil shutdown. Automatically turns the generator off if the oil overheats or if the oil level gets too low; that protects the engine from damage.
- In addition to the digital hour meter on the control panel that makes performing regular maintenance easy, ensuring long-life to the generator.
- Overload protected, circuit protected.
- Easy to use control panel.
- Features two 120V duplex receptacles for home use and one 120/240V twist-lock receptacle.
- Outlets have durable rubber covers for additional protection from the weather conditions.
- Wheels and handles add for easy mobilization.
- Everything you need, included in the box with minimal assembly required.
- Has a spark arrestor and is CSA, EPA, and CARB approved.
Wattage: 9000 watts starting – 7500 watts running
Fuel type: Gasoline
Fuel tank capacity: 6.6 gallon
Weight: 200 pounds
Dimensions: 27 x 26 x 26 inches
Certificates: CSA , EPA, CARB approved
Starting method: Remote, electric button, recoil
Engine: 4-stroke OHV engine, 3600 RPM
Engine displacement: 420 cc.
Material: Multi, open steel frame enclosure
Outlets: (2) 120V 20A duplex – (1) 120/240V 30A
Warranty: 3 years limited warranty
- At 64 decibels, it’s not quiet enough for camping or good tranquility time. As a result, you would need to place it far enough to not cause discomfort.
- A generator weighing 200 pounds could hardly be called portable. It’s relatively heavy to carry or move around; without the wheels moving it would be really hard.
- There were some complaints from customers having problems with the startup of the generator.
Westinghouse WGen Series
The Westinghouse WGen Series is also available in different wattage covering different power needs and uses:
- WGen2000, with 2500 starting watts and 2000 continuous watts.
- WGen3600, with 4650 starting watts and 3600 continuous watts.
- WGen5500, with 6850 starting watts and 5500 continuous watts.
- WGen7500, with 9000 starting watts and 7500 continuous watts.
Westinghouse WGen7500 Review – Conclusion
After all, the Westinghouse WGen7500 is an easy-to-use generator. Offers a variety of innovative, premium features at a great price tag. At 9000 watts starting and 7500 watts running, that’s a lot of power. Accordingly, capable of running all your critical appliances. This portable generator is also perfect for working on outdoor projects, as well as powering your trailer, or equipment on the job site.
While weighing 200 pounds, it may not be very easy to carry, however, the durable wheels allow for easy transportation from place to place. Consequently, the large fuel tank and huge power are the main reasons for being heavy. Also, 64 decibels of sound is relatively acceptable, considering the amount of power it produces. The WGen7500, packed with cutting-edge features, allows for a durable long-lasting use; while also being fuel efficient saving you money. Also backed by a 3 years warranty, which shows the manufacturer’s trust in their product.
Overall, the WGen7500, one of the latest new editions in the portable generators world. Offers great value and is a great choice; whether you are looking for a backup household power supply or you need to power your campsite, tailgate party, or your latest job project. The Westinghouse WGen7500 portable generator review covered all the pros and cons of this machine, to help you decide whether this generator is suitable for your power needs.
Westinghouse WGen7500 is an easy-to-use powerful generator that offers a variety of innovative, premium features at a great price tag, considering the amount power it’s carrying.